Jesus Christ lived on earth for a mere 33 years, yet had a profound impact on world history. Much of what we know about Jesus Christ is based on the 4 gospels written many years after his death. There are many gaps in the life of Jesus, but it appears the most significant years of his life were the last 3 years. During this time he travelled widely spreading his message and teachings
“Love Thy Neighbour as Thyself”
Sayings of Jesus Christ
Matthew 5:2-12 – The Beatitudes
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
- Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
On Jesus Christ
“Jesus accepted a mortal body so he could reveal man’s immortality. Jesus accepted a man’s consciousness so he could fulfill the divine consciousness. Jesus accepted bodily pain so he could offer the world eternal joy. Jesus accepted betrayal so he could teach the world the meaning of forgiveness.”