- Born: 27th August 1931 in Shakpura, Chittagong, India. – Now part of Bangladesh
- Father: Shashi Kumar Ghose; Mother: Yogamay
- Youngest of 7 sisters and brothers: Hriday, Chitta, Mantu, Ahana, Arpita, Lily. See: Family Members
- In 1944 became a permanent member of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- April 13, 1964 Moved to New York, USA to begin spiritual mission in the West.
- 1964 Began work in Indian Consule for 2 years. See Indian consulate years at lifeofsrichinmoy.org
- 22 Jul 1966 Inauguration of first Sri Chinmoy Centre called Aum Centre, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 19 Nov 1974 Began Artistic Career. First Jharna-Kala painting, Ottawa , Canada
- 1 Jun 1978: Began long distance running Sri Chinmoy started his long-distance running career at Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California
- 3 Mar 1979: Sri Chinmoy ran his first marathon, Chico, California , 4:31:34
- 24 Mar 1984: First public concert at Koln, Germany. Sri Chinmoy has performed over 700 concerts worldwide.
- 26 Jun 1985 Sri Chinmoy started serious weightlifting
- 24 Apr 1989: The first of over 1,100 landmarks is dedicated to world harmony.
- 29 Dec 1991: Sri Chinmoy began drawing a series of bird drawings called “Dream-Freedom-Soul-Birds” in Malta
- 1997: The 3100 Mile Race, the longest race in the world, is established by Sri Chinmoy in Queens, New York
- 1998: Resumed heavy weightlifting after a six year pause
- 2004: The World Harmony Run, formerly called the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run, resumes its epic journey to over 70 countries worldwide.
- 11 Oct 2007: Passed away at his home in New York
Warning: Illegal string offset 'singular_page_taxonomy' in /home/writesp/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 2799
Warning: Illegal string offset 'singular_portfolio_taxonomy' in /home/writesp/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-functions.php on line 819