Lord Krishna is India’s peerless avatar. He took incarnation many years ago when India was facing internal strife. Through his devoted disciple Arjuna, Krishna gave the immortal message of the Bhagavad Gita on the battle fields of Kuruksetra. The Bhagavad Gita is a teaching of the highest divinity.
Sri Krishna was an embodiment of divine love and is often the principle focus of the Hindu bhakti or devotional tradition.
“Lord Krishna is the matchless hero who held the fate of the emperors in the palm of his hand but himself never desired a throne. The great hero who was born in a prison and died in solitude in a forest. He gave the world the Bhagavad- Gita. He is the architect of Dharma who lives forever in the hearts of the people of India and the whole world.”
(Author – Srimurthi )
Sri Krishna Links
- Krishna, the Eternal Mystery- Sri Chinmoy
- The Singer of the Eternal Beyond A play about Krishna by Sri Chinmoy
- Twisted in Eight Places stories from the Puranas
- Krishna- A poem by Sri Aurobindo
Devotees of Sri Krishna
- Arjuna – The Devoted Disciple of Sri Krishna
- Mirabai – The embodiment of love, devotion and surrender. Mirabai composed many bhajans to worship Sri Krishna